homeaboutcontactdisclosure

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Saturday Snappy Swatch: butter LONDON Victoriana

Hi everyone!

Just a quick swatch today, but I think it's deserving of it's own post.

If you're an ULTA shopper, then you're no stranger to the "21 Days of Beauty Steals" promotion they are currently running. One day featured all butter LONDON polishes on sale for $9, motivating me to purchase this oldie-but-goodie beauty below: Victoriana.




Victoriana is a dusty blue flooded with silver micro-shimmer. I noticed it has the potential to lean a little more  towards a deeper blue-gone-teal in certain lighting, but it sparkles even in the lowest lighting situation. It's incredible.

Full retail price for one butter LONDON polish is $15. I know, ouch...but in this case you really get what you pay for. 

The formula and the brush are really what justify the price point here. The formula is fantastic. I have four butter LONDONs at the moment and they all have the best and most consistent formula out of all other brands I have so far. Why? It really holds to the brush. It's as if the brush has magical powers and only allows the perfect amount of polish to come out of the bottle, making sure you have complete control over the application.

Speaking of the brush, it's also one of my favorites. Relative to the Zoya brushes, butter LONDON brushes are small, skinny and stiff. While that's not some polishers' cup of tea, they're a dream for people such as myself who have small nails. I have grown to accept my small nails, but I can't escape the constant challenge of loose or wide brushes that fan out to the point that they become larger than my entire nail. It causes pooling and calls for large amounts of unnecessary cleanup and wasted polish remover.

Luckily, butter LONDON has yet to disappoint me. The formula plus the brush allowed for a one coat, smooth lined, no cleanup mani that's as fantastic as the shade itself.




What do you think of this shade and of the butter LONDON line? 
How much are you willing to spend on a single polish?

Share you thoughts in the comments below or let me know on my facebook and twitter.
You can also follow me on Instagram! (I'm finally getting the hang of it.)

Don't let the Easter Beagle steal all your eggs, and thanks for reading!

-Melody

2 comments:

  1. Oh hey I always wanted to pick up this color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful polish and gorgeously shaped nails! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...