Today I have a quick nail art look to share with you, and it's as cute as a button! Get it?
This is an all Julep look, using the following:
Madison (It's really Pink, but isn't coming off that way in the photos)
1. I started with two coats of Eileen as my base.
2. Next I used the largest size dotting tool I have and created two dots on each finger using Madison.
3. To vary the size of the buttons, I took a small nail art brush and extended the circles until I was satisfied.
4. Using the same nail art brush, I used Eileen and free-handed a white rim just inside the edges of each button.
5. Going back to Madison, I filled in the rest of the circles with a medium size dotting tool.
6. To complete the button look, I added two small "holes" with Eileen using the smallest size dotting tool I had.
7. I cycled through steps 2-6 two more times, first with Annie and then with Bette.
8. I finished the design by touching up noticeably bumpy edges with the same small nail art brush, and then sealed everything with two coats of Out The Door.
I get a little obsessive over the clean up and making sure the edges are really smooth, so I spent wayyy more time than I should have on this, but I like the end result. At first I was unhappy with the transparency of the some of the buttons, but I knew the formula of the polishes going in.
It's not perfect, but hey...I'm an amateur, right? :)
What do you think of this design?
Thanks for popping by!